Wednesday, February 17, 2010

How much would you pay for a pair of jeans?

Someone asked me this question last week...and I just wondered on much do you actually shell out on an average:
If I went out to shop here is roughly what i would pay (unless they were on discount...that is mostly the case with the more expensive ones many times...they keep looking for ways and means of romantisizing the discount that they offer to bribe you into buying what they've got)

Lee - 1800
Levis -2300
Pepe - 1800
Wrangler - 1700
Killer - 1700
Flying Machine -1400
Spykar - 1700
CK - 6000
FCUK - 5000
Tommy Hilfiger - 3500
Diesel - (maybe they will launch 8-9K upwards)

All of these names are respectable in their own right.And what do I get...either some are the good ol' inventors or some lead on the kind of styles they provide.
the fabric is the same across the board with some esoteric benifits that someone else may provide...telling me that this jeans is made from a fabric that is made in one particular mill in Americas, like I care...actually I have a problem here arent we (as in India) supposed to be a big producer of cotton; why on earth should I buy something at a premium when i know that our boys know it the best already.
Well I am a smart progressive indian and am leaving this open ended to you to respond and explain the esoteric, intangible...or whatever else it is for which i should pay 600 bucks more...
Looking forward to some points of view here from the blogosphere...
Romance is nice...but dont be too stupid!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment